We are currently operating a telephone ONLY appointment system.
Please DO NOT VISIT the surgery unless asked to by one of our team.
Prescription requests can be placed in our letterbox if you do not have online access. Please ensure you have nominated a pharmacy for your prescription to be sent to.
Registration forms can be downloaded from this website, please complete and photocopy relevant 'ID' and post through our letterbox.
We thank you for your co-operation at this difficult time.
- DIGITAL ISOLATION NOTES are now available from the NHS website and NHS 111 online. An Isolation note will provide you with evidence for your employer that you have been advised to self-isolate due to coronavirus, either because you have symptoms or that you live with someone who has symptoms, and so cannot work.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR.
- SOUTHWATER SURGERY passes an inspection by the Care Quality Commission. See these great results.
- ON LINE ACCESS Click here for On line access. Please complete an application form which can be found on line or collected from reception.
Please print these forms or collect from reception.
We are registering new patients from Southwater and surrounding areas. We offer a full range of services including minor surgery and full contraception services. We also offer early morning, late evening and Saturday clinics.
|Monday||08:00 - 18.30|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 18.30|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 18.30|
|Thursday||08:00 - 18.30|
|Friday||08:00 - 18.30|
DUE TO CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES THE SURGERY AND TELEPHONES WILL BE OPEN AS USUAL ON GOOD FRIDAY AND EASTER MONDAY
SURGERY TELEPHONE LINES ARE OPEN 8.00-12.30 AND 14.00-18.30 FROM MONDAY TO FRIDAY
Please be aware that we may record some telephone alls for training & monitoring purposes.
Out of hours please call 111 or go to www111.nhs.net
Calls to NHS 111 are free of charge from both landlines and mobile telephones.
- In line with "Good Medical Practice for General Practitioners" the Practice has a system for receiving and returning phone calls from patients.
- A recorded message gives details of whom to contact if you need medical assistance when the telephone lines are closed.
- Written messages will be passed to the appropriate Doctor or nurse and dealt with according to priority/medical emergency.